Saturday, July 14, 2007

Edit Icons

Hey AppMarks Users,

We have added some new features and made some fixes based on your invaluable feedback.


  • Edit Icons: Now when you click an icon in an edit mode, you can edit the name, URL, or icon image. We've got a small catalog of alternate icon images now but we're planning to add more.
  • Magnifying Glass: An astute user alerted us that they couldn't use the iPhone's magnifying glass interface to move the cursor within our text boxes. This has been fixed. Thanks for letting us know!
  • Tell A Friend: Like AppMarks? We've added a tell a friend button to help you spread the word. :)


Give it a try and let us know what you think at info [at] appmarks [dot] com.

There's more on the way. Thanks for helping us make AppMarks better!

Ishan and Paul

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your site. The first thing I wanted to do when I got my iPhone was to organize my bookmarks visually, using the favicon image from my favorite sites. You pulled it all together very nicely. I also love the update that allows you to set a placeholder image if the site you imark doesn't have a thumbnail image. Simply brilliant, and I use it every day. The first time I showed someone who had an iPhone the main menu at AppMarks, they thought I had somehow hacked into mine already.

By the way, you inspired me to write my own site for the iPhone. My fiance and I were playing around on our iPhones, when she said that it would be cool to have a Ouija board on her iPhone. A couple minutes later I had built http://www.jersisalon.com/iouija/
and now everyone can enjoy their own iOuija
while they are on the go. I don't have a favicon image yet, but I love being able to use the images you provide.

I also have to admit that the iPhone is the coolest thing to happen to the internets since Windows 95 came out. Truly revolutionary.

Thanks for your site... and keep up the great work.

Keith Coogan
A.K.A.
Hollywoodkids

Unknown said...

If you can send me the PSD file you are using to make icons, I will go ahead and make some sweet ones for all the apps out there.

Cheers

Eddy
eddy@tofslie.com
tofslie.com

Unknown said...

I created my own template based on your icons. I have started creating them.

They can be found here.

http://www.tofslie.com/dump/appmarks_icons

AppMarks said...

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the compliments! We're glad you like it.

-AppMarks Team

AppMarks said...

Hi Eddy,

Our PSD file is posted on http://appmarks.com/site/index.php?page=api, but it looks like you already found it on your own. Those icons look nice. We'll contact you by email about the best way to integrate your icons into AppMarks.

-AppMarks Team